Webtext Service Terms & Privacy Statement.
- The following terms and conditions and privacy statement ("Terms") apply to Three's Webtext messaging service (the "Webtext Service") and are in addition to the website use terms set out at //www.three.ie/legal/terms/three-ie-terms-conditions/. In the event of any conflict, these Terms shall prevail.
- Please read these Terms carefully. If you do not agree to keep to these Terms please do not access or use the Webtext Service as your access or use will indicate to us that you agree to the Terms.
- To avail of the Webtext Service you need to be a Three mobile services customer and register on //www.three.ie. The Webtext Service allows you to send a maximum of 500 free SMS messages via webtext per calendar month (the “Webtext Allowance”). When you have used your monthly allocation you have to wait until the start of the next month for your next Webtext Allowance. The total amount of free Webtext messages you are allowed to send and any additional restrictions on how you use the Webtext Service (such as maximum character length per message, maximum number of recipients per message and international restrictions) will be stated on www.three.ie We do not provide any guarantees that the Webtext Service will remain free of charge and reserve the right to begin charging for the Webtext Service at a future date. We will provide you with advance notice if this is the case. Where you are no longer a Three customer, your access to the Webtext Service will be disabled.
- You can send your Webtext messages immediately or schedule them to be sent anytime within the next 7 days. You can send Webtext messages from the Three website. Each message sent will be deducted from your monthly Webtext Allowance and each message to an individual number within a group message is a separate message.
- A Webtext message can be up to 765 characters in length and where you exceed 160 characters multiple SMS messages are deducted from your Webtext Allowance. For example, if you send a Webtext message with 765 characters this will reduce your Webtext Allowance by 5 Webtexts. If you have used your monthly Webtext Allowance then the Webtext message will not be sent.
- Users cannot send a Webtext message to premium rate numbers or short codes. You should ensure you’re sending a Webtext message to a valid number. You may have your allowance reduced if your Webtext message is sent to an invalid number. If you are sending an international Webtext message you need to include the destination country’s international dialing code.
- Three has no obligation to store sent messages and, once sent, they shall not be available.
- Registered users must not use the Webtext Service to send Webtext messages that may cause offence, injury or anxiety to any person or for any illegal, obscene or defamatory purpose. You are solely responsible for all of the messages you send and acknowledge that the Webtext Service provides a passive conduit for the transmission of your messages.
- Webtexts are sent over the internet and are not always secure. Although we will take reasonable measures to protect data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the Webtext Service. Any transmission is at your own risk.
- To the extent allowed we do not guarantee that the Webtext Service is error or fault free or that it is suitable for your particular requirements.
- We are not responsible for any unauthorised access to your Webtext Service account.
- Three reserves the right to extend, vary or to withdraw the Webtext Service from any user or all users and to vary these Terms at any time for any valid commercial, technical or operational reason.
- The Webtext Service is provided to you by Three. The following shall apply to the Webtext Service:
- You are the controller of the contacts and content that you upload, import or otherwise process through the Webtext Service.
- Three processes any personal data provided by or about you through the Webtext Services to:
- provide the Webtext Service;
- assist with any queries, complaints or issues with the Webtext Service or related Services;
- conduct analysis to support product maintenance, development; and improvement; and
- compile and monitor usage reporting statistics and trends.
- You agree, represent and warrant that you have obtained and maintain the consent of any data subject that you contact through the Webtext Service. You further agree, represent and warrant that you shall not use the Webtext Service to send spam, unsolicited or unwelcome communications to others.
- Data provided through the Webtext Service by you will be processed by other organisations on our behalf and may be processed by other members of our group of companies, and to our or their partners, associates, agents or subcontractors and to possible successors to our business for the purposes outlined above. Some of these parties may reside outside the European Economic Area (which currently comprises the Member states of the European Union plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). If we do this, we will take measures prescribed by law to legitimise this transfer.
- We may be required by law to disclose information collected or processed through the Webtext Service for the prevention and detection of crime and to protect the interests of Three and others.
- Where you are no longer a Three customer, your access to the Webtext Service will be disabled. Please note that we may retain data about you from the Webtext Service where required to meet our legal obligations.
- In addition to the above, any personal data about you, your contacts or the recipients of your Webtext messages that is processed by Three as part of the Webtext Service is processed under the terms of:
- any privacy notice associated with your agreement with Three available at //www.three.ie/terms-conditions/ (together the “Privacy Terms”). In the event of any conflict, these Terms shall prevail over the Privacy Terms.
References to ‘Three’ or ‘our’ in the Terms are references to Three Ireland (Hutchison) Limited (CRO number 316982), a company organised under the laws of Ireland with a registered office located at 28/29 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dockland’s, Dublin 2.
Effective from 01/11/2017