Three Website Privacy Notice
This privacy notice explains the kinds of information we may obtain from or about you as a visitor to our websites and pages on social media or as a user of our mobile or other applications (collectively, our “website”); how we may use that information (together with information provided offline or via other means); and who we may share that information with.
Each time you access, browse and/or use our website you agree to the following terms. If you do not agree you must cease to use our website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.
This website privacy notice relates solely to processing of information via this website. For more detail on Three’s processing of your personal data, please visit https://www.three.ie/legal/privacy/privacy-notice.
We will only collect personal information about you through this website with your awareness and as described in this policy. Any personal information which you provide to us and/or which we obtain about you, will be kept secure and confidential using appropriate technical measures. We may combine personal information that we collect via one method (for example, our website) with personal information that we collect via another method (for example, your offline interactions with us).
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information.
We may collect and process the following data through our website (and combine this with data provided offline through your interactions with us):
- Any information provided by or about you through our website including competitions, comment boxes, forms, links, website usage or any other means.
- If any person contacts us via phone, email, post, surveys, through our website or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Where you purchase any products or services from us, we collect your data in relation to that product or service as set out in this policy and our contract with you for that product or service.
- Three provides channels of social media communications in order to provide information regarding our services; respond to queries; and to deliver customer care to our customers. Three may retain any interactions with customers via any of its social media channels as part of your customer care history, along with your interactions with customer care via any other channel. Social media interactions with non-customers will be retained for a maximum period of 3 months for the relevant purposes set out below.
You agree that any data you provide to us via this website will be true, complete and accurate in all respects and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to it. We will only collect personal information from or about you which is necessary to:
- process any applications for 3 Services made by you via this site;
- conduct a credit and fraud prevention check with a credit reference agency, if you apply for a monthly price plan account. The agency will supply us with information about you to help us verify your identity and decide whether to accept your application or future applications. The Agency will record details of our search and your application whether your application is successful or not. We will use a combination of credit scoring and/or automated decision making systems when assessing your application. This information will be available to other lenders;
- set up and administer your account;
- provide customer services and respond to and resolve any enquiries or complaints;
- provide any products, services or information requested by you;
- conduct analysis for traffic and billing management, and to support product development;
- contact you for market research purposes;
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys;
- personalise your experience on our website;
- provide and conduct competitions and similar offers;
- keep you up to date by post, telephone, email, and direct to your handset by text, picture, video and audio message or pop-up with information About Three, 3 services, and offers and promotions subject to any marketing preferences indicated by you. It's your choice and you’re in control - you can contact us at any time to update your preferences through My3, using the opt-out links on any email or SMS you receive or by writing to or calling customer services. Please note that where you opt out of all marketing from Three you will still receive service communications from Three (for example, billing communications); and
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent or guardian's consent to provide your personal information to 3's website, otherwise you are not allowed to provide any of your personal information to us.
Monitoring of Your Communications
We may monitor and/or record communications between you and 3 for quality control, analytics, verification and training purposes.
Retention of data
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and to provide you with services, to conduct our legitimate business interests or where otherwise required by law. We will retain your data for the lifetime of your account with us and for a period thereafter in accordance with our information retention policy.
Your personal information may also be processed by other organisations on our behalf for the purposes outlined above. We may disclose your information to other members of our group of companies, and to our or their partners, associates, agents or subcontractors and to possible successors to our business. Some of these parties may reside outside the European Economic Area (which currently comprises the Member states of the European Union plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). If we do this, your information be treated to the same standards adopted in Ireland. We may also disclose your information for the prevention and detection of crime and to protect the interests of 3 and other users or if required to do so by law or other binding request. By using our website you agree to such disclosure.
We take the security of the data that we process seriously. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through our website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
User Rights and access to your personal information
The EU General Data Protection Regulation and the Irish Data Protection Acts, 1988 to 2018 give you the right to access, erase or correct information held about you in certain circumstances. You have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to receive some categories of personal data in portable form. To protect the security of your data, we may request a copy of ID to confirm your identity prior to making your data available to you. To make such a request, please write by sending an email to email@example.com or the Data Protection Officer, Three Ireland (Hutchison) Limited, 28/29 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2.
Other terms and conditions
Notification of changes
If we change this Website Privacy Notice we will post the amended Notice on our website so that you are always aware of how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.