Applicant Data Statement
Three cares about the privacy and the protection of the personal data of all current or prospective applicants or employees. Data protection protects a person's fundamental right to privacy and provides that every individual has rights with regard to how their personal information is obtained, accessed, handled, stored, transferred and destroyed. In Ireland, the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003 (the 'Acts'), along with other regulations, set out how entities can process personal information.
During the course of our activities, Three Ireland (Hutchison) Limited and Three Ireland Services (Hutchison) Limited (together 'Three' or 'we') will collect, store and otherwise process personal information of applicants for employment.
This Applicant Data Protection Policy informs you of how Three will use your personal data in relation to applications for job vacancies with us ('Job Application Information'). For certain roles, Three's Role Fulfilment Review Policy may also apply.
In applying for a job at Three, you are free to choose which elements of your qualifications and employment history to include. Any Job Application Information you submit is made available voluntarily by you. However, if you choose not to submit certain Job Application Information, our ability to consider you for an open position with Three may be limited. By submitting Job Application Information to Three, either in writing or orally via interview, you give your permission for Three to use that information, including all personal data, as set out below.
Types of information we collect
This Policy covers any Personal Data processed by Three in connection with an application for employment with Three, including but not limited to:
- Name, address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information
- CV, cover letter, previous work experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in connection with the application process
- Psychometric testing data
- Proof of identity
- Type of employment sought, desired salary, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences
- Information required to confirm your legal authorisation to work
- How you heard about the position
- Sensitive information (for example, health or disability information such as information provided to help us facilitate your attendance for interview) race/ethnic origin) if you choose to submit such information or if required by law
- Interview notes
- Interview feedback
- Publicly available information from sources such as LinkedIn or other social media profiles
- Referrals or recommendations from existing Three employees
For certain senior roles, we may seek additional information from you as part of the Role Fulfilment Review process. Where the Role Fulfilment Review process applies, applicants will be notified prior to the commencement of the review.
How we use Job Application Information
Three uses the Job Application Information that you submit for 'Recruiting and Human Resources Purposes.' Recruiting and Human Resources Purposes includes:
- Communicating with you in order to process your application
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities
- Verifying your information and conducting reference checks
- Conducting background checks to the extent permitted by applicable law (see below for more information regarding background checks)
- Assessing your suitability for other career opportunities at Three
- Preparing individuals for employment when a job has been offered and accepted, including by preparing and completing onboarding paperwork
- Where you have applied to Three through our referrals programme, we may share certain information on the status of your application with the Three worker who referred you
- Analysing and preparing statistics relating to applications e.g. the volume of applications for a position
- To assist with any query, complaint; investigation or other correspondence related to your application; and
- Where required for any legal, regulatory or other mandatory requirement.
If you are hired to work at Three, this information, as well as certain additional information which may be sought from you at the time of hiring, may be used for additional employment, administrative and business purposes. These purposes will be outlined to you at the time of hiring.
Accessing your Job Application Information
The Acts give you the right to access, erase or correct information held about you in certain circumstances. You have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. We will charge an administrative fee of €6.35 to provide a copy of any data held and we may request a copy of ID to confirm your identity. Please be aware that not all information which we hold relating to you will be available to you under the terms of the Acts, e.g. information provided in confidence by former employers or other referees. To make such a request, please write by sending an email to email@example.com or the Data Protection Manager, Three Ireland (Hutchison) Limited, 28/29 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin.
Sharing your Job Application Information
Your personal information may also be processed by other organisations on our behalf for the purposes outlined above (e.g. for psychometric testing or use by our application processing system). We may disclose your information to other members of our group of companies, and to our or their partners, associates, agents or subcontractors and to possible successors to our business. Some of these parties may reside outside the European Economic Area (which currently comprises the Member states of the European Union plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). If we do this, your information be treated to the same standards adopted in Ireland. We may also disclose your information for the prevention and detection of crime and to protect the interests of Three and other users or if required to do so by law or other binding request.
Security and Data Retention
Three understands that your Job Application Information is important to you; therefore, it takes appropriate organisational and security measures to safeguard and secure the information it collects from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, in compliance with applicable law and regulations.
Three retains your personal information only for as long as is necessary for recruitment purposes or for legal requirements:
- In the event that your application for employment with Three is successful, we hold data required for the purpose of processing your application for a period of 24 months after your start date.
- In the event that your application with Three is unsuccessful, we hold data required for the purpose of processing your application for a period of 24 months after the close of the competition for which you applied, unless otherwise agreed by you.
Three does not accept unsolicited CVs or other personal data sent on a speculative basis, and does not have any obligation to retain any such data submitted to it.
Cookies and Similar Technology
If you have questions or complaints regarding this Policy or the practices described in this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates to our Policy
This policy is reviewed periodically. We will continue to review the effectiveness of this policy to ensure it is achieving its stated purpose and will publish any amended policy on our website so that you are always aware of how we collect, use and disclose your personal