The purpose of this Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") is to set out how you may use the Service. You should read this Policy in conjunction with the terms and conditions of the Service. By using the Service you agree to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
You understand that you are responsible for all uses of your Mobile Phone and the Service (whether authorised by you or not).You must not use, or permit any other person to use, the Mobile Phone or the Service:
- for unlawful or fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity;
- to make a call, send a message, or send, receive, upload, download, use, re-use or display any material which is illegal, offensive, threatening, bullying, abusive, indecent, pornographic, defamatory, derogatory, obscene or menacing, a nuisance or a hoax, in breach of any rights of privacy or for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety to any other person; or liable to incite racial hatred or unlawful discrimination or otherwise objectionable or injurious to third parties;
- in any way that breaches copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or infringes the Intellectual Property Rights of others;
- in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Network, the Service or access to the Service or Network to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way or that may affect the security, integrity or performance of the Service or the Network or the IT systems of Three, or any other person;
- in any way that infringes or impairs other customers' use and enjoyment of the Service;
- to initiate the sending of unsolicited advertising or promotional material including without limitation junk-mail, unsolicited text or other messages for commercial or non-commercial reasons;
- to send anything which consists of or contains software viruses;
- other than in accordance with the acceptable use policies of any connected networks or relevant third party service providers, or any other conditions notified to you;
- to forward, send, transmit or transfer any part of any Three Content or Third Party Content to another person; or
- exceed any storage limitations or restrictions notified to you in relation to the storage of any material, messages or Content.
You agree to comply fully with any additional conditions displayed relating to particular services which may apply and comply with all other instructions issued by us from time to time.
If any provision of this Acceptable Use Policy is held to be unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions shall not be affected.
We reserve the right to amend this Acceptable Use Policy to reflect changes in Three practices and the legal and regulatory environment in which we operate.
Use and meaning of defined terms:
In this Acceptable Use Policy:
- “Intellectual Property Rights" means copyright, trademarks and other relevant proprietary and intellectual property rights
- "Content" means textual, visual or other information, software, photos, video, graphics, music, sound and other material appearing on or available through the Service including all information supplied by Three ("Three Content") or supplied as part of a third party service ("Third Party Content") from time to time.
- "Mobile Phone" means the cellular mobile telephone and a SIM Card used for connection to our Network.
- "Network" means the cellular telecommunication system run by us.
- "Service Options" means any optional services, in addition to the Service.
- "Third Party Service" means any service provided by a third party to you over the Network.
- "Three", "we", "us" and "our" means Three Ireland Services (Hutchison)Limited of 28/29 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2. “Service" means the mobile telephone service made available to you and any Service Options.