Pre 25th May 2018 Insurance Terms & Conditions.
- “Administrator/We/Us/Our” shall mean Pier Insurance Managed Services Ltd.
- “Airtime Abuse” shall mean airtime charges incurred by unknown persons following the theft or loss of Your phone which results in a successful claim under this Insurance Policy. 3 must be contacted within 24 hours of discovery of the theft or loss of Your Equipment.
- “Company” shall mean UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of UK General Insurance (Ireland) Limited an insurance company established in Ireland and authorised and licensed by the Central Bank of Ireland. Registered in The Republic of Ireland, registration number 340407, registered office Alexandra House, The Sweepstakes, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
- “Equipment” shall mean the mobile phone and/or the tablet its battery and mains charger or data communication device which is equipped with a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) supplied by 3 and activated for use by 3 as specified on the policy schedule including any replacement Equipment provided by or loaned to You by Us.
- “Unattended” shall mean not within your sight at all times and/or out of Your arms-length reach.
- “You/Your” shall mean the private individual or company detailed on the policy schedule.
- “Accessories” shall mean any additional electrical mobile phone products purchased from 3 at the same time as and to be used with the Equipment covered under this Insurance Policy.
The Company will, subject to the exclusions and conditions, indemnify You by payment or at its option by replacement (with identical Equipment or Equipment of comparable specification up to a maximum retail value of €1000) or repair in respect of accidental damage, liquid damage, theft & loss including Airtime Abuse (following a successful claim for theft or loss) of the Equipment occurring during the period of insurance. A replacement phone may be from refurbished (as new) stock that has been tested and is fully functional. For Accessories the maximum indemnity provided under this insurance is limited to a maximum retail value of €250 in total during any 12 consecutive months as long as the Accessories were lost, stolen or damaged at the same time as Your Equipment[This cover does not apply to insurance for Prepay customers]. For Airtime Abuse the maximum indemnity provided under this insurance is limited to €1000 [for contract customers or €250 for prepay customers] in total during any 12 consecutive months.
ExclusionsThe Company shall not be liable for;
- loss of the Equipment except where it has been concealed on Your person
- loss or theft of the Equipment where the circumstances cannot be clearly identified i.e. where You are unable to confirm the date and time of occurrence.
- theft of the Equipment from the person of the user unless involving force or the threat thereof.
- Theft of the Equipment from any unattended vehicle unless all windows are closed all doors are securely locked all security devices are activated and the Equipment is concealed from view in a locked glove compartment locked boot or locked load area.
- Theft of the Equipment from any premises or mode of transport unless involving forcible and violent entry or exit.
- Loss or theft of the Equipment whilst left Unattended or left behind when it is away from your home by You including but not limited to any premises or form of public transport whatsoever.
- Loss theft or damage of the Equipment where at the time of the loss theft or damage or for a period of 15 days immediately preceding the time of the loss theft or damage the Equipment has not been used to send or receive a voice call data call SMS message on the 3 Ireland mobile telephone network and or the registered SIM card is not in the Equipment.Repair or replacement arising as a result of negligent use wilful abuse or misuse
- Any and all repair costs or charges arising from mechanical and/or electrical breakdown.
- Damage to the battery or aerial or any cosmetic damage.
- The cost of replacing or repairing accessories or costs arising from the use of accessories unless on a 12 or 18 month contract.
- The cost of routine inspection service adjustment or cleaning resulting in accidental damage.
- Damage caused during installation or removal.
- Any amount recoverable under any guarantee warranty or other insurance.
- Repairs carried out by persons not authorised by Us.
- The policy excess as detailed below
- The cost of replacing any stored data including but not limited to tunes songs personalised ring tones or graphics.
- Any damage or fault caused by any form of electronic virus. For the purposes of this exclusion, a virus includes Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or any other program or software which prevents any Equipment operating system software or content download working properly in any way.
- Airtime Abuse where the time period from discovery of the theft or loss to it being reported to 3 is longer than 24 hours.
- The schedule and the policy shall be read together as one document and any word or expression to which a specific meaning has been attached shall bear such specific meaning wherever it may appear.
- All reasonable precautions must be taken to prevent damage to or theft or loss of the Equipment.
- Details of any replacement and/or upgrade of the Equipment (IMEI/serial number) must be advised to Pier Insurance Managed Serviced Ltd with proof of purchase in writing or by contacting us at Pier Insurance (pierinsurance.com/3).
- Cover under this insurance policy is subject to the payment of the premium which must be up to date and are non-refundable after the insurance cover has commenced other than during the cooling off period.
- This policy will be voidable in the event of fraud non disclosure or alteration of risk.
- Monthly Policies: Each party is entitled to cancel the insurance at any time giving not less than 30 days notice to the other in writing. If premiums are paid monthly no refund of premium will be due or Annual Policies: Each party is entitled to cancel the insurance at any time giving not less than 30 days notice to the other in writing. A refund of premium will be made on a pro-rata basis providing you have not made any claims during the policy period. No refund made if claims received during the policy period. A €10 administration charge will apply which will be deducted from any final return of premium.
- A maximum of 2 claims for either theft and/or loss in any 12 month consecutive period or during the term of the policy, whichever is the lesser.
Claims ProcedureIn the event of a claim You must :
- Advise the Garda Siochana or local police authority within 24 hours if there has been theft loss or vandalism and obtain a crime reference number.
- Advise Pier Insurance by telephone as soon as possible and in any event within 48 hours of discovery on the claims hotline number 0044 844 815 1010 or 0044 170 222 2887. Alternatively a claim can be notified by visiting http://pierinsurance.com/3/
- Provide at Your own expense all details and evidence as may reasonably be required including device usage reports from Three.
- Notify 3 on 083 333 3333 within 24 hours upon discovery of theft or loss to ensure Airtime Abuse is limited.
UK General Insurance Limited is an agent of UK General Insurance (Ireland) Limited and in claims matters act on their behalf.
- Basic Policy: You will be responsible for the first €15 each and every claim
- Light Policy: You will be responsible for the first €25 each and every claim
- Light+ Policy: You will be responsible for the first €25 each and every claim
- Standard Policy: You will be responsible for the first €35 of Your first claim under this policy increasing to €50 for any subsequent claims
- Premium Policy: You will be responsible for the first €50 of Your first claim under this policy increasing to €75 for any subsequent claims
- Premium + Policy: You will be responsible for the first €75 each and every claim
The Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Great Britain, Isle of Man or The Channel Islands and up to 60 days during any one calendar year elsewhere in the World.
Period of Insurance
- Monthly Policies: This insurance commences at the time of purchase for a period of one month and will continue to be renewed by periods of one month for up to a maximum of 60 months in all upon receipt of Your monthly premium or
- Annual Policies: This insurance commences at the time of purchase for a period of twelve months and will continue to be renewed annually up to a maximum of 60 months in all upon receipt of Your annual premium
Cooling off period
You may cancel this policy within 14 days of receiving it by contacting Us at the address shown in this policy provided no claim has been made a full refund of premium paid by You will be given.
It is the intention to give You the best possible service but if You have any questions or concerns about the sale of the Policy or the handling of a claim You should in the first instance contact the Scheme Administrator. The contact details are:
The Scheme Administrator c/o Pier Insurance Managed Services Limited, PO Box 333, Dublin 2
Please ensure Your policy number is quoted in all correspondence to assist a quick and efficient response
If your complaint about the sale of your policy or your claim cannot be resolved by the end of the next working day Pier Insurance Managed Services Limited will pass it to:
The Customer Relations Department UK General Insurance Limited Old Mill
Business Park Gibraltar Island Road,
Leeds, LS10 1RJ
Tel: 0845 218 2685.
Finally if the matter still remains unresolved once all the above have been contacted You can then approach:
Financial Services Ombudsman
3rd Floor Lincoln House
Lincoln Place Dublin 2
Tel: +3531 662 0899
Law applicable to the contract
This contract shall be governed by the laws of Ireland.
To the extent that personal data or sensitive personal data is processed about you, we will employ appropriate security measures given the nature of the data. We shall try to ensure that your details are accurate, kept up to date and are not kept for longer than is necessary.
The data supplied by You will be used by Pier Insurance Managed Services Ltd to i) administer and process Your policy of insurance and phone security product and the handling of any claim which may arise ii) to keep you informed of any changes to your insurance or phone security product iii)) for internal analysis and research iv) to identify You when you contact Pier Insurance Managed Services Ltd.
The data supplied may also be used by Pier Insurance Managed Services or any associated company to contact You from time to time in order to notify You of other goods and services offered. If You do not consent to such use of Your personal data please contact us at pierinsurance.com/3 If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering,
It is important that the data You have supplied is kept up to date. You should therefore notify us promptly of any changes. You are entitled upon payment of an administration fee to inspect the personal data, which we are holding about You. If You wish to make such an inspection You should contact:
The Scheme Administrator c/o Pier Insurance Managed Services Limited,
PO Box 333,
We may respond to enquiries by the police concerning Your policy in the normal course of their investigations. Where it is necessary to administer Your policy effectively or to protect Your interests we may disclose the data You have supplied in accordance with the Data Protection Act to other third parties such as solicitors loss adjusters repairers replacement companies other insurers etc
Stamp Duty has been or will be paid in accordance with the provisions of S.113 of the Finance Act 1990 (as amended).
All monies which become payable by Us under the insurance shall in accordance with section 93 of the Insurance Act 1936 be paid in the Republic of Ireland.